help-global

Re: gtags with ctags

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: gtags with ctags
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 08:04:15 +0900

Hi,
It seems that you don't specify gtags.conf file.
Please refer to the following file in the package.

plugin-factory/README

Good luck.
Shigio

2013/10/30 Leo Liu <address@hidden>
--- [3rd try] ---

Hi there,

I have GLOBAL compiled with exuberant-ctags properly. I can see these
files:

lib
`-- gtags
    |-- exuberant-ctags.a
    |-- exuberant-ctags.so
    |-- user-custom.a
    `-- user-custom.so

However I don't know how to get gtags to index a perl project. I can use
ctags to index the project perfectly and I am using the one from
exuberant-ctags and not emacs.

1. git clone https://github.com/PerlDancer/Dancer
2. cd Dancer
3. gtags --gtagslabel ctags or gtags --gtagslabel exuberant-ctags

You can see the GTAGS file is still empty.

gtags -d GTAGS

 __.COMPNAME     __.COMPNAME
 __.COMPRESS     __.COMPRESS ddefine ttypedef
 __.VERSION      __.VERSION 6

Ideas?

Thanks,
Leo