help-global

Re: Detection of function calls in C and C++ codes

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: Detection of function calls in C and C++ codes
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 07:58:23 +0900

Hi,
> We can see, that the occurence found in SimulationMPI.cxx file
> on the line 32 is not a call, but a declaration.

The current C++ built-in parser considers a declaration as a reference.

> So, is there any way, how to detect only function calls?

There is no way except for rewriting the parser.

Regards,
Shigio

To whom it may concern,

I need to detect function calls in C and C++. I need to detect calls exclusively (with line numbers), without functions' declarations etc.

I've tried to use it like this:

gtags -f fileList.txt

global -r -x exchangeSizes

But when I'm trying to parse some C++ codes, I'm encountering problems like this:

/projects/p_readex/amt/ProxyApps/FOO/lassen_FOO> /projects/p_readex/amt/libraries/global-6.5.4/global/global -r -x exchangeSizes
exchangeSizes 22 SimulationMPI.cxx void exchangeSizes( MPI_Comm comm, exchangeSizes 32 SimulationMPI.cxx void exchangeSizes( MPI_Comm comm, exchangeSizes 319 SimulationMPI.cxx exchangeSizes( comm, overlapDomains, isFacetNeighbor, recvIsFacetNeighbor); exchangeSizes 519 SimulationMPI.cxx exchangeSizes( comm, neighbors, sendSize, recvBufferSize ); exchangeSizes 533 SimulationMPI.cxx exchangeSizes( comm, neighbors, sendBuffer, recvSizes );

SimulationMPI.cxx: 31 template<class T> 32 void exchangeSizes( MPI_Comm comm, 33 const std::vector<int> &neighbors, 34 const std::vector< std::vector<T> > &sendBuffer, 35 std::vector<int> &recvBufferSize); 36 37

We can see, that the occurence found in SimulationMPI.cxx file on the line 32 is not a call, but a declaration.

So, is there any way, how to detect only function calls?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Martin

P.s.: The parsed project is attached.