help-global

gtags doesn't index function definitions preceded by a macro resembling

From: Mihai Olteanu
Subject: gtags doesn't index function definitions preceded by a macro resembling a function call
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 11:36:09 +0300

Hello,

I'm using gtags 6.5.4 for a C project. Some of the function names are in the following format:
FUNC(void, MY_CODE) My_Function(void) {
}

where FUNC is a macro defined as
#define FUNC(rettype, memclass) rettype

The global command doesn't find My_Function but only a lot of FUNCs.
So gtags is seeing FUNC as a function name and adds that to the list of tags and not My_Function.
Is there a way to maybe ignore the FUNC macro or maybe expanding the macro before searching for tags or some similar methods?

Mihai