help-global

Re: Unexpected behaviour of GTAGSLIBPATH

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: Re: Unexpected behaviour of GTAGSLIBPATH
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 20:19:36 +0530

Shigio YAMAGUCHI wrote (Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 03:46:43PM +0900):
> > /usr/bin/global "$@" 2> /dev/null || (cd $global_home; /usr/bin/global -a
> > "$@")
>
> If your target is GTAGSLIBPATH, how about a more direct approach which
> does not require dummy project such as:
>
> [libsearch]
> #!/bin/sh
> for d in `echo "$GTAGSLIBPATH" | sed -e 's/^:/.:/' -e 's/:$/:./' \
>         -e 's/::/:.:/' -e 's/:/ /g'`
> do
>         (cd $d && global -a "$@")
> done

:-) :-) unimportant bug in the above: if I have k directories on GTAGSLIBPATH,
one match will get printed k times, I think?

> That word was missing. I will fix it.
> Thank you!

👍

Maybe also consider at some later point of time the suggestion that
GTAGSLIBPATH could be consulted if global is not being run from within any
project.

Thanks for your help with this, and thanks for a great tool!
-mandar