[Help-glpk] Re: [Help-glpk]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: [Help-glpk]
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 00:45:41 +0300

>It would be nice if we could specify a limit of computing time
>(particulary for MIP problems)  and obtain the best founded solution
>after this lapse of time.

You can limit the computing time by setting the control parameter
LPX_K_TMLIM via the api routine lpx_set_real_parm. (For details please
see the reference manual.)

If you mean the solver glpsol, there is no such possibility. However,
you can limit the time, for example, to ten minutes (600 seconds) by
inserting the statement:

      lpx_set_real_parm(lp, LPX_K_TMLIM, 600.0);

before the comment line 420 (file sample/glpsol.c, glpk 3.2.3):

      /* solve the problem */