[Help-glpk] Re: About final simplex tableau

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: About final simplex tableau
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 07:21:57 +0300

> How can I get the final simplex tableau when it finds optimal
>solution in the folllowing format.
>
>basic variable = constant + sum of (reduced cost*nonbasic variables).
>
>Specially how can I access constant value?

In your notations the constant value is the value of the basic variable
which can be obtained by the routine lpx_get_row_info or
lpx_get_col_info depending on whether the basic variable is auxiliary
(i.e. corresponds to a row) or structural (corresponds to a column).

The row of the simplex table which corresponds to some basic variable
can be computed by the routine lpx_eval_tab_row in the form:

(xB)[i] = alfa[i,1]*(xN)[1] + ... + alfa[i,n]*(xN)[n].

There is no constant term, because in glpk all structural and auxiliary
variables may have non-zero bounds. For details please consult the glpk
reference manual.