[Help-glpk] Re: VC++ 6 problems with GLPK profiling

From: Harley Mackenzie
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: VC++ 6 problems with GLPK profiling
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:06:46 +1100

>From my reading of the VC++ 6 documentation the profiling is by module not
>function:

The /INC and /EXC options specify individual library (.LIB), object (.OBJ), and
application source (.C, .CPP, or .CXX) files

So I would need to produce a call graph of the indiividual modules used in both
lpx_integer and lpx_simplex calls. The other alternative is to use example
problems that make the input and output parts of the profile less important.

On 15/01/2004 at 6:59 PM Andrew Makhorin wrote:

>>I removed the sources from 'sysdep'  directory and replaced them with
>> the equivalent src files and it all now works OK. Why wouldnt the
>> 'sysdep' files, which I am assuming are WIN32 specific, have worked?
>
>I guess you included sysdep/w32/glplib1a.c in the project to compile the
>static library. However, this module can be used only in dll, because it
>has a dll-specific entry point. (glplib1b.c can be safely replaced.)
>
>>I am also looking for good examples for benchmarking. The example
>> jssp.mod is a reasonably complex integer job scheduling problem, but
>> for non-integer linear programming the examples are a little trivial.
>> Does anyone have a suggestion for a good LP that has good code
>> coverage (possibly from Netlib LP collection
>> <ftp://ftp.netlib.org/lp/data/>) for some initial benchmarking and
>> possibly optimisation work?
>
>Below here are some url's:
>
>http://www.caam.rice.edu/~bixby/miplib/miplib.html
>
>ftp://plato.asu.edu/pub/unibo/
>
>ftp://ftp.sztaki.hu/pub/oplab/LPTESTSET/MISC/
>
>ftp://ftp.sztaki.hu/pub/oplab/LPTESTSET/PROBLEMATIC/
>
>>Just for your interest here is the bpp.mod example profiled for VC++ 6
>> using no optimisations and debug mode:
>
>Is it possible to enable profiling only on entry to lpx_simplex or
>lpx_integer and disable it on exit? This would allow obtaining a more
>relevant picture.
>
>Andrew Makhorin

     Dr. Harley Mackenzie         ACN:   087 953 839
                                  ABN:   27 087 953 839
     HARD Software                Web:   www.hardsoftware.com
     207 Noble Street             Tel:   +61 3 5222 3435
     Newtown 3220, Australia      Email: address@hidden