[Help-glpk] Controlling glpsol output

From: Pieter Thysebaert
Subject: [Help-glpk] Controlling glpsol output
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:06:57 +0100

Hello all,

I'm using glpk 4.2 and am trying to use the standalone solver "glpsol"

THe problem i'm solving is a MIP.

For each real-world entity, the decision process must decide on a set of
binary variables (i.e. set them to 0 or 1).

Most of these sets must obey a "sum = 1" constraint.

Obviously,
1. Most variables are 0 and only a few are 1 in the solution
2. I can get all the info I need (read: I am only interested in...) the
variables which are set to 1 in the solution

When using "glpsol --model test.model --output test.output" I get the entire
solution;

Is there a way to control which variables are output?

Or even better, is there a way to execute a display-like statement after the
solution has been found, so that I can limit the output to whatever I want?

Or do I really have to write an entrie parser for the complete output file in
this case?

Pieter