RE: [Fwd: Re: [Help-glpk] slow matrix generation compared to AMPL]

From: Robert Fourer
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: [Help-glpk] slow matrix generation compared to AMPL]
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:08:52 -0500

Instead of, say,

   subject to LB2{(i,j,k,l,m,n,c) in EMPTYMOVES: c = 'SO'}:
      EMPTY[i,j,k,l,m,n,c]>=0;

you can write

   subject to LB2{(i,j,k,l,m,n,'SO') in EMPTYMOVES}:
      EMPTY[i,j,k,l,m,n,'SO']>=0;

and similarly in many other places in the model.  This is valid AMPL so it can
be
expected to work in MathProg as well, maybe with highly favorable consequences
for
the processing time.

-- Bob Fourer
   address@hidden