[Help-glpk] Multi-dimensional data question

From: Jon Spragg
Subject: [Help-glpk] Multi-dimensional data question
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:57:37 -0000

Hi,

In the glpk distribution there are examples of two dimensional model objects, such as

param a{i in I, j in J}, >= 0;

to model, say, geographical coordinates.  These structures are initialised in the data section using code such as:

param a : 1  2  3  4  5 :=
      1   12 15 12 10 11
      2   23 25 19 11 15
      3   15 40 21 75 8
      4   9  2  9  32 31
      5   15 18 19 10 11;

However, if we define a structure with more than two dimensions, such as

param a{i in I, j in J, k in K}, >= 0;

to represent, say, the amount of resource capacity k at coordinate i, j, then how do you initialise the structure in the data section of the mod file? This is  not clear to me from the documentation supplied with the distribution.

Thank you for any help.

Jon Spragg