[Help-glpk] GNU MathProg with external solver?

From: Michal Kaut
Subject: [Help-glpk] GNU MathProg with external solver?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:58:28 +0100

Hello,

is there a (simple) way to use MathProg as a modelling language with different solvers than GLPK, in particular with CPLEX?

I have noticed that glpsol can output (write) the model in many different format, so I can get an MPS file and run the solver on it - but I do not see any way how to read the solution back to glpsol to process it (run the display/printf commands). Any ideas?

My questions therefore are:
- Can I use external solvers with glpsol? If so, how?
- If not, is it possible to rewrite glpsol to do it? I think this is
  equivalent to asking if there is a function to read a .sol file?
- If not, are there any plans to add it in (near) future?

Thanks.

Regards,
Michal Kaut

--