Re: [Help-glpk] how to make the difference between "integer solution fou

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] how to make the difference between "integer solution found" and "no integer solution found" ?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:27:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Nicoco BERGER wrote:

> I am using the lp_integer function after lp_simplex in order to have integer
> solutions.
> My problem is that I don't know how can make the difference between the state
> when the
> solver gives this message :
>
> +  2008: mip =     not found yet <=     tree is empty        (0; 613)
>

> and that message :
>

> +  2426: mip =   3.186700000e+04 <=     tree is empty   0.0% (0; 429)

GLPK has two status flags,
one to tell you how well the solver did its job
and another to tell you about the answer, if any, obtained.
If the solver did well the former flag should
equate to a named constant with "OK" in its name.
In that case, the latter flag will
change depending on the solution, if any.

--
Mike   address@hidden
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES.  *I* ONLY TURN UP ONCE."  --  Death