[Help-glpk] Is there a simpler way to write this s.t. in MathProg- ANSWE

From: P PO1434
Subject: [Help-glpk] Is there a simpler way to write this s.t. in MathProg- ANSWER FOUND
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 00:43:01 +0000

Mucking around, I think I found the answer to my first question above - for anyone that is interested it's one generic solution to workload shift coverage constraint definitions ie. you have demand during a day, and you need to cover the demand with staff working varying shift lengths.

# example: 0..47 periods in half hr blocks representing time of day (00:00 to 23:30)
# shifts: shift lengths to be used eg. 4 and 8, or 4..10 hr shifts
# perstart would be 0 in this case

# AND (most important) perdpershift = how many periods in 1 shift length unit ie. if hourly shifts,
# and 1/2hr time increments in day = 2

subject to c{i in Periods}:
sum{shift in Shifts,period in Periods : period >= max(perstart,(i-shift * perdpershift +1)) and period<=i} starts[period,shift]>=demand[i];

Pete