Re: [Help-glpk] printf and data files

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] printf and data files
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:09:27 +0400

> I have 2 queries that I need help on.
> 1. printf, I can't seem to be able to use printf without an error
> popping up saying that the quote(single or double) is not allowed.
> Has anyone else ever come across this?

Why not? If the string contains a single quote, you need to enclose it
with double quotes, and vice versa.

> 2. As can be seen from the above, I have a parameter with the
> distance between 2 nodes. The issue I have is that when m & n are
> large i.e. m=200 and n=750, i need to have 150000 data entries for
> d[i,j]. Is there any way of creating a piece of code which can
> automatically generate the values( the range between 0.01 to 1.2Km
> in steps of 0.01Km). Is this possible?

The question is unclear. If you need some test data, you can generate
them within the model using built-in functions producing pseudo-random
numbers. In 4.11 you can do that in a separate model writing the data
to a text file.