[Help-glpk] Program for branching concurrently (2*n nodes instead of 2^n

From: HBuesching04
Subject: [Help-glpk] Program for branching concurrently (2*n nodes instead of 2^n)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:51:47 +0100

Dear friends of the package glpk,

more than 1 year ago, I asked for programmers of an algorithm which
makes branches for MILP concurrently. As noone took the chance, I have
implemented the program myself. First I had to learn C. Now I have a
stable version, where the basic thing is implemented. For some problems
it is already clear that the approach is fruitfull. If you are
interested in the program you can contact me.
The version includes a subroutine which create the duplicate of a LP-
instance, which might also be interesting for some users anyway.
Furthermore I have an PDF-file describing the theory behind it from a
very high level.

You can get the files from me, by contacting me via email. I would be
intersting for me if you tell me, what you want the program for. Also
ideas what to do with the program or the PDF are welcomed.

There are lots of things still to be done, but they might take years....

Best regards
Harald.