Re: [Help-glpk] Re: Counting solutions rather than optimizing solutions

From: Salim Fadhley
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Re: Counting solutions rather than optimizing solutions
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:28:21 +0300

Sorry, I meant a better implementation. The object is just to enumerate the
number of different ways of making 1000 from coins of 1,2,5,10,20,50,100,200.

On 2/25/07, Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden> wrote:> The solutions represent
coins, so they have to be real numbers. I did
> get a very good dynamic programming solution to this puzzle (before I
> asked the question), however I was just curious to see if I could come
> up with a better solution using glpk.

The issue is unclear. Counting the number of integer feasible solutions
(as well as generating them) for your problem is a trivial task. Since
the problem has no objective, what does "a better solution" mean?