Re: [Help-glpk] How to create a glp_prob pool?

From: Hruby Martin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] How to create a glp_prob pool?
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:41:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I solve a similar situation. It is also an extreme number of relativelly small LP problems.

I don't have such a good knowledge of the GLPK library from inside, so I cannot recommend any re-use of internal data structures. This could be also a source of possible problems.

I prefer solving the load of LP problems in parallel (in cooperation with boost-thread library) together with optimization of GLPK code in memory allocation. There is a plenty of "xcalloc" calls (memory alloc) which can be transfered to "static variables" on stack.

This optimized GLPK package will be hopefully available soon for testing.

Martin