[Help-glpk] How to avoid output when reading in an mps problem.

From: Enea Zaffanella
Subject: [Help-glpk] How to avoid output when reading in an mps problem.
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:23:38 +0400

Hello.

I am using glpk 4.13.
When I call lpx_read_mps to read in a problem in mps format, I get some
output such as the following:

lpx_read_mps: reading problem data from `adlittle.mps'...
lpx_read_mps: problem ADLITTLE
lpx_read_mps: 57 rows, 97 columns, 465 non-zeros
lpx_read_mps: 335 cards were read

Is there any way to avoid this output?

In the manual I saw something like
   "Behavior of the routine lpx_read_mps depends on some control
parameters (see Subsection 2.11.6, page 55)"

In subsection 2.11.6 I found option LPX_K_MSGLEV.
However, in order to set this, I need an already build LP problem,
whereas function lpx_read_mps constructs a new LP problem.

So my question is: is there a way to (programmatically) avoid/control
the output above?

Cheers,
Enea Zaffanella.