WG: Re: [Help-glpk] Configuration of glpk under cygwin

From: harald . buesching
Subject: WG: Re: [Help-glpk] Configuration of glpk under cygwin
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:39:54 +0200

Dear Andrew,

I think this didn't help.. What I did, was to rename the *.exe and then started cygwin: bash: /bin/find: No such file or directory, so I assume that I did something right. But still configure doesn't work.
Are you sure about your explanation? Please check again the error message this sounds somehow other. May be I have to install a new shell?

Harald.
$ ./configure
./configure: line 14: $'\r': command not found
./configure: line 25: syntax error near unexpected token `$'in\r''
'/configure: line 25: `  case `(set -o) 2>/dev/null` in
----- Weitergeleitet von Harald Buesching/AGBCC/AGFA am 08.10.2007 12:32 -----
Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>

08.10.2007 11:32
Bitte antworten an Andrew Makhorin

        Kopie:        address@hidden
        Thema:        Re: [Help-glpk] Configuration of glpk under cygwin

> I just installed the newest version
> of glpk. But contrary to the old version 4.13, the configure script doesn't
> run anymore on my PC with Windows and Cygwin.
> As I am not really a UNIX guy, I would
> really appreciate help.

Unlike 4.13 in 4.22 there is used a new version of autotools that
causes some problems under cygwin due to ambiguity of find and sort
commands which also exist in windows. To fix the problem you need to
*rename* find.exe and sort.exe usually placed in windows/command to
make them unavailable via their original names from the command shell.