Re: [Help-glpk] difference between lpx_xxx and glp__xxx functions

From: Diamantini Maurice
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] difference between lpx_xxx and glp__xxx functions
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:17:45 +0100

Le 18 déc. 07 à 21:10, Andrew Makhorin a écrit :

I'm starting to look at glpk at the C api level,
When I look at some examples I have, it use numerous
"lpx_xxx" functions (like lpx_set_prob_name) but the provided
glpk.ps mention only the "glp_set_prob_name" function.

Routines prefixed with 'lpx' are old api routines (introduced about
5 yrs ago). Eventually they will be replaced by new, improved api
routines prefixed with 'glp'. However, all the old api routines, which
are _documented_ (starting from version 4.0), will be also available
for backward compatibility.

So my questions are :
- are all lpx_xxx function deprecated in favour of the glp_xx ones?
   (but there is some lpx_xxx functions in the glpk.ps doc)

You can use both 'lpx' and 'glp' versions of the same routine, though
it is recommended to use the new, 'glp' version.

Thank you very much for the fast response!

-- Maurice

- is there a list of official functions?

Please see the glpk reference manual (glpk.ps).