[Help-glpk] correct version of the software ?

From: Nagesh, Harsha
Subject: [Help-glpk] correct version of the software ?
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:51:05 -0500

Hi,

        I am trying to read up on glpk and use it. I searched on google for the
keywork "glpk". The first link I get seems to be the correct link and if I
follow through and download the tar.gz distribution and go to the doc directory
it has a glpk.ps file which says it is version 4.19 (The directory into which
the tar file installs is also glpk-4.19 (the README file also says it is 4.19)

        However, the second link in the google search result leads me to "GLPK
for windows"
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/glpk.htm

This page has a link to an easy to use windows installer; I installed it; It
installs under GnuWin32 folder as glpk-4.9. It even has a pdf (refman.pdf)
which says Version 4.9 (Jan 2006 !) (glpksol.exe -v also gives me 4.9)

I am confused which is the correct version to use ? A note on your main web
page mentioning the latest version would be very helpful. So would
consolidating the windows installer into the main page if thats possible.

Btw, I am really looking to see if glpk supports "call back" functions. I could
not find it anywhere in the reference manuals. Could you please point me to the
correct page number in the correct version of the software ?

Thanks for your help
Harsha

disclaimer: