[Help-glpk] Re: ODBC support for GLPK

From: glpk xypron
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: ODBC support for GLPK
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 02:03:40 +0100

Hello Andrew,

my use of the word "native" was misleading.

My code does not contain any proprietary portion. When compiling for Windows
with option --enable-odbc32 a dynamic load library (odbc32.dll) will be loaded
when running the code to provide ODBC functionality. When executing code under
Windows this always relies on system functions provided by Microsoft being
used. You cannot even display a single character without calling Windows DLLs.

The function calls used are defined by ISO/IEC 9075-3:2003 and are the same
whether You call iODBC or unixODBC under Linux or the ODBC32.dll provided by
Windows. The only difference being which dynamic load library provides the
functions.

Best regards

Heinrich

-------- Original-Nachricht --------