Re: [Help-glpk] Re: libglpk0: excessive install dependencies

From: vijay patil
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Re: libglpk0: excessive install dependencies
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 20:55:58 +0530

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Vijay,
>
> Thank you for your efforts.
>
> I think the dynamic linking of mysql and odbc dll's for a ms windows
> version of the package can be easily implemented, because such
> version does not need a configure script (I mean the version compiled
> with some native w32 compiler like vc6). Thus, it is sufficient to
> enclose the corresponding fragment within #ifdef/#endif and add
> necessary -D options in the makefile.
>
> Btw, dynamic loading/unloading can be performed in DllMain; see
> file glplib03.c; probably it is a most appropraite place for that.
>
> Andrew Makhorin

As far I understand purpose of this DllMain is to be able to create
glpk dll (instead of a static library) on MS Windows. Function export
definitions are in file w32/glpk_4_27.def (in glpk tarball). I have
not tried using this yet, usually build static lib.

I hope you are not suggesting to load MySQL and ODBC dlls in function
DllMain. From what I understand from :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682583(VS.85).aspx

"The entry-point function should perform only simple initialization or
termination tasks. It must not call the LoadLibrary or LoadLibraryEx
function (or a function that calls these functions), because this may
create dependency loops in the DLL load order"

Maybe MySQL and ODBC dlls should be loaded in some separate function.

Thanks
--
Vijay Patil