[Help-glpk] Using "all cuts"

From: Meketon, Marc
Subject: [Help-glpk] Using "all cuts"
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 12:38:45 -0400

I’m experimenting with the integer programming capabilities of GLPK (Version 4.27).

The function “lpx_intopt” has a parameter that allows for “all cuts” to be used, which include cover, clique, gomory and mixed-integer-rounding cuts.  But lpx_intopt does not use the integer optimization control parameter structure (iocp).  And that structure has the address of a callback function.

To set parameters for lpx_intopt, there is the lpx_set_[int|real]_parm function, but there does not seem to be a way to set the callback function.

The function glp_intopt uses the iocp structure, so I can easily set the callback function.  It has options for gomory and mixed-integer-rounding cuts, but does not have options for cover or clique cuts.

I would like to use the integer optimization with callback functions and generating all of the types of cuts, but I cannot see how either lpx_intopt or glp_intopt can be used.  Any help will be appreciated.

[BTW, I’m using the compilation that Xypron built for me that has “stdcall” calling convention, as I’m driving this from a VBA program in MS Access.]

-Marc

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail.

Thank you for your cooperation.