Re: [Help-glpk] help to formulate problem in terms of LP

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] help to formulate problem in terms of LP
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 21:16:21 +0200

Hello Dima,

the red area exist for:

xamin < xbmin
or
xamax > xbmax
or
yamin < ybmin
or
yamax < ybmax

This cannot be described in an LP, but in a MILP:

binaries xb1, xb2, yb1, yb2;
constant M sufficiently high;
(xbmin - xamin) - M * xa1 <= 0;
(xamax - xbmax) - M * xb1 <= 0;
(ybmin - yamin) - M * ya1 <= 0;
(yamax - ybmax) - M * yb1 <= 0;
(xbmin - xamin) + M * (1-xa1) >= 0;
(xamax - xbmax) + M * (1-xb1) >= 0;
(ybmin - yamin) + M * (1-ya1) >= 0;
(yamax - ybmax) + M * (1-yb1) >= 0;

An area of a outside of b exist if sum(xb1, xb2, yb1, yb2) > 0

Best regards
Xypron
-------- Original-Nachricht --------