Re: [Help-glpk] Add a hook for xassert

From: Collette Yann
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Add a hook for xassert
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 08:35:56 +0200

It is an issue. Xassert means the same as assert, i.e. if it is
invoked, something is going wrong, and a most relevant action in
this case is to abnormally terminate the program, because some glpk
data structures (as well as other memory data) may be damaged, and
further execution of the program may lead to unpredictable results.
You should think such error as segmentation failure.

As to catching the xassert message, you can use glp_term_hook;
all glpk terminal output goes through it.

Yes, but if after the assert, abort is killed, no message are printed to the scilab terminal. I must duplicate the printed messages: one for scilab, the other for the bash terminal. Here, the problem is when I launch scilab by double clicking on my desktop icon, no bash terminal is launched, so, I will not able to view the message. Some of the assert are raised because you are attempting to get a value from a matrix with an index out of bounds. So, here, nothing is compromised, but the assert is raised. I wanted the hooks to be able to display the message in scilab + a warning message like "warning: glpk is compromised, report the bug ..." and give the hand to the user.

Such hooks exist in lpsolve.

YC