Re: [Help-glpk] Irrational numbers

From: Vijay Patil
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Irrational numbers
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:19:55 +0530

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 12:26 AM, Ali Baharev <address@hidden> wrote:
I am convinced that interval arithmetic provide the tools to overcome
this and similar other problems, see for example:

http://www.ti3.tu-harburg.de/~keil/#software

http://www.ti3.tu-harburg.de/cgi-bin/cjbibsearch/publications/ti3.html?author=jansson
(all papers containing the word rigorous in the title may be
interesting for you)

Or this paper:
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~neum/ms/mip.pdf

I released a code for computing rigorous bound on the objective for
continouos LP problems, where all the coefficinets are assumed to be
exact:

http://reliablecomputing.eu/software.html#rigorous_error_bounds

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2008-08/msg00018.html

Good luck!

Ali

Ali

Thanks for the links. Right now my knowledge of interval arithmetic (also ill-conditioned problems, floating point representation, round-off error etc.) is too limited. These links will definitely help.

Thanks
--
Vijay Patil