Re: [Help-glpk] Visualize Matrix A (in Ax = b)

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Visualize Matrix A (in Ax = b)
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:25:45 +0200

Hello API users, Vijay, Andrew

I wrote a C++ class to vizualize small-scale GLPK problems
object and their current status.  Output is via HTML table
and the method works for fine for problems up to about 200
rows and columns.  My Firefox 2.0/Linux web browser gives
out at that point, but readability has also reached its
limit too.

I will post some more information and links to examples
within the next two days.

This might be what Vijay is looking for?

with best wishes, Robbie

> Message: 1
> To:         "Vijay Patil" <address@hidden>
> Subject:     Re: [Help-glpk] Visualize Matrix A (in Ax = b)
> From:        Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>
> Date:        Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:49:56 +0400
>
>> > I just played around these functions, seems to be working fine. For
>> > small matrices the BMP images would be too small. For 10 X 10 matrix,
>> > it would 10 X 10 pixel image.
>
>> > Did you create these functions and structures like SPM to debug in
>> > initial stages of GLPK development?
>
> Yes, I used them to debug some glpk routines (like lu- and cholseky
> factorization). However, they are useless to debug lp/mip models, as
> my practice shows.

---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from IMAP client]