Re: [Help-glpk] tspsol question

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] tspsol question
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 03:04:07 +0400

>> It would be problematic, because the mip solver available in the new
>> api (glp_intopt) does not support column generation used in tspsol.

> Will that be the function "gen_edge_col" and the corresponding
> ios->col_gen ? Does that mean that with the current api, I won't be
> able to generate newer sub-problems ?

This means that all columns (variables) should be included in the
problem at the very beginning, i.e. with the current api you cannot
add new columns to subproblems generated by the mip solver.

Please note that tspsol was a simple illustrative program. If you need
to solve large tsp instances, you might use, for example, the Concorde
package; see: http://www.tsp.gatech.edu/concorde.html .