Re: [Help-glpk] "Exception in thread ProcessManager"

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] "Exception in thread ProcessManager"
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:43:43 +0200

Hello Gilbert,

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do;:YfiG?bug_id=4109888
reports
"Process.destroy () does not kill the subprocess under any jvm."

The bug is still in status accepted.

This might lead to out of memory conditions. Please, list the running processes
while your program is running (e.g. ps -fe | grep glpsol). Have a look on the
available memory.

A GLPK JNI interface exists, which should allow you to call GLPK as a library.
Unfortunately it is obviously out of date. Maybe some adaption of the java
files is necessary. Especially when compiling for 64 bit corrections are
necessary (do not copy pointers to 32bit integers).

http://bjoern.dapnet.de/glpk/
http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5286888&tstart=270

Best regards

Xypron