[Help-glpk] Inputting a large sparse matrix in GLPK data file

From: Rajesh Kavasseri
Subject: [Help-glpk] Inputting a large sparse matrix in GLPK data file
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 02:50:53 +0300

Hello GLPK users,

I am a newbie to GLPK - but am enjoying this !

I need to input (or specify)  a large sparse integer matrix A which is
say 1500 X 1500.
Only a few entries are integers, say 100 of them are integers and the
rest are zeros.
How does one go about inputting this in to GLPK ?

How is this done neatly in GLPK ? (ie initializing all entries of A to
zero) and inputting only the non-zero ones
I was trying something along the lines of  saying (in the MOD file)

set I :=  1..1500;
set J := 1..1500;
param A{i in I, j in J}, >=0, default 0.0;

How are the non-zero entries specified then ?
When I tried setting [in the DAT file]

A[1,2] := 5; A[3, 2]:=9, A[1,6]: = 6;
I get an error.

Please help !!!