RE: [Help-glpk] Time conversion functions

From: xypron
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] Time conversion functions
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 23:45:41 -0800 (PST)

Hello Marc

>>Can you add a DayOfWeek(t) which returns a number 0 to 6, with 0=Sunday,
>>1=Monday, etc.

ISO 8601 defines a week date see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_week_date
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_week_date
Sunday has to be 7 to comply with ISO 8601 and to allow correct sorting.

>>Personally, I prefer the way that Excel and many other packages model
>>time:  It is the number of days (as a 64-bit "real" number) from some
>>base time, so 0.5 represents 12 hours from the base time.  It makes
>>differences very easy to calculate.

Calculating with seconds instead of days is not more difficult but avoids
rounding errors. Anyway the SI unit of time is seconds.

Best regards

Xypron