Re: [Help-glpk] Building glpk with vs2008

From: xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Building glpk with vs2008
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 13:08:06 -0800 (PST)

Hello Luiz,

>> And, like Andrew in VS2008, i didn't  see performance difference between
>> GCC -O2 and -O3, but a lot of warnings for using the -O3 flag can be
>>found on the web. So, in MinGW/GCC builds may be a good idea mantain a
>>good and safe "-O2" cflag.

I have compiled on 32 and 64bit Windows.
/O2 gives a solution time saving > 50 % for examples/tsp.mod
/GL gives an additional saving of 2 % for examples/tsp.mod

>> When Xypron release an "/O2" version of winglpk i'll make some
>> benchmarks again.

I have uploaded gspsol and the dll compiled with /O2 /GL on
http://winglpk.sourceforge.net
as glpk-4.34 rev1

My solution times on an Athlon 64 3000+ are for examples/tsp.mod:
Visual Studio Net 2003 32 bit: 11.6 seconds
MinGW with /O2: 6.7 seconds
Visual Studio Net 2003 32 bit with /O2 /GL: 5.2 seconds
Visual Studio Express 2008 64 bit with /O2 /GL: 4.0 seconds

>> Xypron, the excel connection was a valid ODBC connection test? Can we
>> say that ODBC support in GLPK MinGW/GCC build is OK?

I compiled with the config_MinGW and Build_GLPK_with_MinGW.bat kindly
provided by you.
examples/sql/sudoku_odbc.mod and examples/sql/transp_odbc.mod perform
correctly.

Best regards

Xypron