[Help-glpk] glpkmex installation problems with glpk-4.33

From: Oscar Alejandro Balbin
Subject: [Help-glpk] glpkmex installation problems with glpk-4.33
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 01:41:22 +0300

Dear, All

I been tried, unsucessfully, to compile and install glpkmex in my windows
machine for 3 days now where I have matlab. I know there is a precompiled
version but I need to compiled it by my own.

I have the same error always, " glpkcc.cpp:374: error: `xlong #39; was not
declared in this scope", or with glp_long, or ulong.

....................... Error log.....................

GLPKMEX - A Matlab interface for GLPK. Script installer.

Version 2.4 compatible with GLPK 4.20 (or higher)
(C) 2001-2007, Nicolo #39; Giorgetti.

Do you want to use graphic installer? Y/N [Y]:
GLPK path: C:\glpk-4.33
GLPK path... C:\glpk-4.33
GLPK include files...OK
  Warning: Specified directory does not contain GLPK libglpk.a library!
Specify full GLPK libglpk.a path: C:\glpk-4.33\w32
GLPK library file...OK
Do you compile GLPKMEX with CYGWIN? Y/N [Y]: N
glpkcc.cpp: In function `int glpk(int, int, int, double*, int, int*, int*,
double*, double*, char*, int*, double*, int*, double*, int*, int, int, int,
char*, char*, double*, double*, double*, double*, double*, double*, double*)
#39;:
glpkcc.cpp:374: error: `xlong #39; was not declared in this scope
glpkcc.cpp:374: error: expected `; #39; before "tpeak"
glpkcc.cpp:375: error: `tpeak #39; was not declared in this scope

  C:\MATLAB\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: Compile of  #39;glpkcc.cpp #39; failed.

I #39;ve read several posting in similar problems but I cant fix the problem, I
also tried to use the patched version posted by Andrew Makhorin but I could not
run it. It says that I have not permisions for the folder in wich the compiler
is.

I am using MinGW to compile glpkmex in a windows vista ultimate. I also saw
that in the directory  /MinGW/include/ there is not a file types.h.

I will appreciate any help, thanks in advance

alejandro balbin

Dear, All

I been tried, unsucessfully, to compile and install glpkmex in my windows machine for 3 days now where I have matlab. I know there is a precompiled version but I need to compiled it by my own.
I have the same error always, " glpkcc.cpp:374: error: `xlong' was not declared in this scope", or with glp_long, or ulong.

....................... Error log.....................

GLPKMEX - A Matlab interface for GLPK. Script installer.

Version 2.4 compatible with GLPK 4.20 (or higher)
(C) 2001-2007, Nicolo' Giorgetti.

Do you want to use graphic installer? Y/N [Y]:
GLPK path: C:\glpk-4.33
GLPK path... C:\glpk-4.33
GLPK include files...OK
  Warning: Specified directory does not contain GLPK libglpk.a library!
Specify full GLPK libglpk.a path: C:\glpk-4.33\w32
GLPK library file...OK
Do you compile GLPKMEX with CYGWIN? Y/N [Y]: N
glpkcc.cpp: In function `int glpk(int, int, int, double*, int, int*, int*, double*, double*, char*, int*, double*, int*, double*, int*, int, int, int, char*, char*, double*, double*, double*, double*, double*, double*, double*)':
glpkcc.cpp:374: error: `xlong' was not declared in this scope
glpkcc.cpp:374: error: expected `;' before "tpeak"
glpkcc.cpp:375: error: `tpeak' was not declared in this scope

  C:\MATLAB\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: Compile of 'glpkcc.cpp' failed.

I've read several posting in similar problems but I cant fix the problem, I also tried to use the patched version posted by Andrew Makhorin but I could not run it. It says that I have not permisions for the folder in wich the compiler is.