Re: [Help-glpk] Patch for GLPK 4.35 to support SWIG

From: xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Patch for GLPK 4.35 to support SWIG
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 12:29:55 -0800 (PST)

Hello Andrew

>> 1. Is glpk.i sufficient to use swig (assuming that the user knows
>>   what it is and how to use it)?

glpk.i is all that is needed to control swig.
My expectation is that many users who want to use GLPK in Java
(or other languages) do not know which parameters to pass to Swig
and how to build a dll (or .so-library) to make use of GLPK. Hence
I would appreciate makefiles to be provided.

>> 2. Build_JNI_with_VC9_DLL.bat builds one dll, which includes the
>>    wrapper module. However it seems to me that it is better to build
>>    the glpk dll separately from the wrapper dll. What do you think?

It would make sense to separate a glpk library on one side and
(possibly multiple) language dependent wrapper libraries.

(I remember the discussion about reducing dependencies for odbc
in the Debian distribution.)

Best regards

Xypron