python-glpk + Re: [Help-glpk] SWIG for Visual Studio 2008, C#, and GLPK

From: Joao Pedro Pedroso
Subject: python-glpk + Re: [Help-glpk] SWIG for Visual Studio 2008, C#, and GLPK
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:01:48 +0300

Nigel,

> Firstly, intArray and doubleArray are just my names. If you want to
> include both it is only necassary to use different names for the
> class arrays.

I was tempted to say that they are just MY names, because I said first
;-) but then I realized that I just copied/pasted them from the swig
documentation.  So the copyright is not mine.  :-(

> Secondly array functions work with Python.

I could not figure out how... (*)

> Finally, to celebrate the long struggle to get these multiple defines removed
> and the start of the struggle to get 'in' and 'out' removed see:
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2007-06/msg00000.html

I am afraid I could not understand what you suggest.

Anyway, I guess that your reluctance on accepting the lines
%array_class(int, intArray);
%array_class(double, doubleArray);
comes from some incompatibility issues in Java, and decided to keep
python-glpk with a different swig interface for the time being.

The current version is 0.1.36, available at the usual place:
  http://www.dcc.fc.up.pt/~jpp/code/python-glpk/

Enjoy,

Pedro
--
(*) I hope you did not mean use it as follows; did you?
a = new_doubleArray(10)           # Create an array

Current usage of C arrays in python-glpk is something like:
>>> a = intArray(10000000)         # Array of 10-million integers
>>> for i in xrange(10000):        # Set some values
>>> sumitems(a,10000)              # call C function
49995000