RE: [Help-glpk] about Vba/glpk dll

From: Meketon, Marc
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] about Vba/glpk dll
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:01:57 -0400

The "Run_Optimizer" subroutine is where you pass in the names of the GMPL model
and data files, as well as a number of integer-programming.  You would need to
write a small subroutine that reads the values of various cells (code like:
GMPLModelFileName = range("GMPLModelFileName").value if you used named ranges
to identify your paramters).  Then call the Run_Optimizer routine.

You also have to change places where you output your solution in a database
table to output into a spreadsheet.

I realize this is sketchy but I really need to encourage you to figure this out
by yourself.  Please note that if you search the GLPK help newsgroup, you will
find some reference to someone that used GLPK via Excel.  This was a couple of
years ago, and it had links to a German website.  It helped me a lot, but the
code was for an earlier version of GLPK.

BTW, I've benchmarked Xpress versus GLPK on several optimization programs and
Xpress in general is much faster in both model compilation, linear programming
and integer programming performance.