[Help-glpk] Ignoring useless data instead of returning error

From: Jiri K
Subject: [Help-glpk] Ignoring useless data instead of returning error
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 06:29:07 -0700 (PDT)

I have a parameter and then I declare a set of all existing values of this
parameter:

param cl{i in ITEM} symbolic;
set CLASS:= setof{i in ITEM}cl[i];

Later I declare a parameter

param t {i in CLASS};

and formulate a constraint on the CLASS set. My problem is that in repeating
runs of the model I need to try different changes in the 'cl' parameter and
sometimes I introduce a new value, sometimes an existing one is not used
anymore. This causes changes in the set CLASS and these have to be followed
in inputing values of the t parameter. Adding new values is not a problem,
but it is quite painful to ensure each time that I do not input a value of t
for a class, which does not exist anymore. I would like to know some trick
how to make the model just ignore such irrelevant figure instead of
returning the "out of domain" error.
Is there a way

Thank you.

Jiri