Re: [Help-glpk] running another example

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] running another example
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 13:52:51 +0300

> Thanks Andrew for your help.
> Now I am able to run all (*.mod) examples, however I couldn't run
> (sample.c) example. I tried both ways:
> on my MVC++ 2008 Express, I have created a new project with (sample.c)
> as a source code and (glpk.h) as a header file. After compiling I receive
> this error massege :"fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'glpk.h': No such file or directory"

> I tried also using MVC++ command prompt to compile (sample.c) example by
> typing:
> C:\Documents and Settings\hhassen\My
> Documents\MY-GLPK-2\glpk-4.38\examples>cl sample.c

> but I received exactly same error above : "fatal error C1083: Cannot
> open include file: 'glpk.h': No such file or directory"

> Please let me know what shall I do next.

The compilation error happens, because glpk.h is not available to
the compiler. You need to specify the directory 'glpk-4.38\include'
somewhere in your project. Similarly, glpk.lib should be made
available to the linker.

Assuming that the current directory is 'glpk-4.38\examples' the
command-line may be the following:

cl /I..\include sample.c ..\w32\glpk.lib