RE: [Help-glpk] GLPK re-endrant

From: Giampaolo Tomassoni
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] GLPK re-endrant
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 03:41:40 +0300

Yes, you're right. But it is not as efficient as a re-entrant library:
message-passing syscalls comes at a computational cost, not even to mention
process setup. On the contrary, the cost of a fully-reentrant GLPK version
would probably be much less, while broadening the spectrum of implementation
frameworks in which the GLPK itself would fit.

When I say "ASAP", of course I don't mean reentrancy must be available
tomorrow. But I believe it should be at least planned.

Also, thinking of some functionality or method in GLPK which would greatly
benefit from an easy parallelization would be interesting at least.

Giampaolo