Re: [Help-glpk] What is a vanishing variable?

From: Joey Rios
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] What is a vanishing variable?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:02:04 -0700

I'll answer my own question for posterity's sake.

After reading the article a few more times, I'm 97% sure that a "vanishing variable" in this case is a variable with a value of zero in a given basis. Likewise a "non-vanishing variable" would have non-zero value in a given basis.

If anyone thinks I'm off on this assessment or knows of some other potential definition of vanishing, please post a clarification.

Thanks.

Joey