Re: [Help-glpk] More conditional variables fun

From: Yaron Kretchmer
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] More conditional variables fun
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:50:33 -0700

Michael,
I'm sorry, but I didn't understand your explanation below- This is due to my limited LP/MIP understanding- sigh..

But, looking at the examples on http://www.aimms.com/aimms/download/manuals/AIMMS3OM_IntegerProgrammingTricks.pdf and doing some math led me to the following formulation:

---------------------------begin formulation--------------------------------------------------
not_a_and_b <= (1-a)
not_a_and_b <= b
not_a_and_b >= b-a

not_b_and_a <= (1-b)
not_b_and_a <= a
not_b_and_a >= a-b

d_if_not_a_and_b <= U*not_a_and_b
d_if_not_a_and_b <= d
d_if_not_a_and_b >= d -U*(1-not_a_and_b)
d_if_not_a_and_b >= 0

e_if_not_b_and_a <= U*not_b_and_a
e_if_not_b_and_a <= e
e_if_not_b_and_a >= e-U*(1-not_b_and_a)
e_if_not_b_and_a >= 0

d_if_not_a_and_b_or_e_if_not_b_and_a = d_if_not_a_and_b+e_if_not_b_and_a

Is this close to what you were suggesting?

Thanks
Kretch