Re: [Help-glpk] different solutions for same code

From: RenB
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] different solutions for same code
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 18:10:53 +0400

I also tried to use Glpk
1) as a standalone solver from the command line, and
2) as a library called from my C++ code (after modelling an ILP with FlopCpp
and using Osi),
and I also experienced different behaviours.
In particular, I need to call it from my C++ code,
but the command line solver has the best performances on my problems.
It is not only a matter of default values, it seems that two versions of
Glpk code
are being called with the two alternatives.

So, my question is: is there a way of creating an ILP model with
FlopCpp, and then choosing algorithmic options (cuts, presolve, branch,
etc.) and calling Glpk from my C++ code as it would be from the
command line? (without saving my model as lp on disk and then
reading it by calling the standalone solver with a syscall.)
I tried calling glp_main() with the list of algorithmic options as
arguments, but I did not find how to pass my model to it.
Do you have an example? Thanks a lot.