Re: [Help-glpk] Linear Programming Relaxation

From: Jeffrey Kantor
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Linear Programming Relaxation
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:04:58 -0500

You might try this reference:

Smoothed analysis of algorithms: Why the simplex algorithm usually
takes polynomial time -
DA Spielman, SH Teng - Journal of the ACM (JACM), 2004 - portal.acm.org

available here: http://arxiv.org/pdf/cs/0111050   The introduction to
this paper gives an outstanding discussion of the issues of complexity
in the simplex method.  The body of the paper is very dense, but the
introduction is well worth reading for anyone interested in simplex
methods.

Jeff