[Help-glpk] Feasibility Pump

From: Louis Wasserman
Subject: [Help-glpk] Feasibility Pump
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 09:26:52 +0300

Hello,

I #39;m using glpsol to solve sizable MIP problems (~50,000 binary variables
after presolving), using the command line options "--tmlim 90 --memlim 400
--fpump --cuts --bestp --mipgap 0.05".  For problems of a certain size, the
readout indicates that the "feasibility pump" kicks in relatively quickly,
after which the problem is solved rapidly.  For problems above a certain point,
however, it does not seem to kick in.

This is moderately confusing, because I would like to solve problems just a bit
above this cutoff.  What can I do to improve matters?

Louis Wasserman
address@hidden
http://profiles.google.com/wasserman.louis

Hello,

I'm using glpsol to solve sizable MIP problems (~50,000 binary variables after presolving), using the command line options "--tmlim 90 --memlim 400 --fpump --cuts --bestp --mipgap 0.05".  For problems of a certain size, the readout indicates that the "feasibility pump" kicks in relatively quickly, after which the problem is solved rapidly.  For problems above a certain point, however, it does not seem to kick in.