Re: [Help-glpk] comments in csv data files

From: Nigel Galloway
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] comments in csv data files
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 15:40:40 +0100

I might have mentioned the benefits of XML before. It has been helpfully
pointed out that a program may be written in grep to convert csv to XML.
Careful research has revealed that Excel can read csv and save it as XML.

How then to include the useful comments.

It would be possible to include the comments and then write a program in grep
to remove them.

One of the benefits of XML is that someone may already have done this for me!!!!

You are looking to create an Excel file by selecting only some of
the Columns from an XML. The columns are not is the correct
sequence for the Excel so they need to be mapped.
You have an XML that contains columns A, B, C, D, E, F, etc.
You only need data from columns B, D, and F.
But in the output Excel file the sequence has to be F, B, and D.

To accomplish the task we will use XMLFox Advance that is a useful
XML and XSD schema editor. By using XMLFox Advance you can output
data to several other data format files. The Editor allows you
export XML tables or whole XML to the following data files: TXT;
upload XML into MS SQL Server database, convert into CSV (Comma
Separated Value) file, convert into HTML page, create MS Access
database, upload XML into SQL Server database, convert to PDF, and
create Excel file.

Full details of the above (reproduced without any permission) may be found at:

http://www.xmlfox.com/convert_xml.htm