[Help-glpk] glpk and R

From: family
Subject: [Help-glpk] glpk and R
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:00:08 -0500

I have been working with glpk accessed from R. Originally I was using the “glpk” R package in order to use the various API routines, but eventually realized that this port is of glpk version 4.8 from 2006. To support my own work, I have updated the port to hook up with version 4.43.

I have developed the interface routines to support roughly half of the glpk API, and expect that I can extend this to cover the full API without too much additional effort. I would be happy to release the suite as a new R package. My questions for this forum are;

: Are you aware of anyone else doing this (no need for two updates; note that the developers of the prior R package apparently are not working on an update)?

:  Is there a sense that there is some customer demand for this product?

Regards,
Ken Eagle