[Help-glpk] warm start with glpk

From: Richard Simonnet
Subject: [Help-glpk] warm start with glpk
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:06:29 +0200

Hello,

I'm a  PhD Student and I'm using glpk to solve quite large linear programming
problems.

I want to notice that I'm french and I apologize if my english is bad, I'll try
to explain clearly my problem.

At first  I want to thank you and all the team ; I'm using glpk since release
4.13, and I'm very satisfied with this package which helps me a lot in my work !

Now I'm using glpk 4.43, I've read the doc and I don't find how to make a "warm
start" :

I want to solve a first time my problem, and then I would like to modify only
one item ( an objective coefficient or a bound value ), and solving again the
problem in "warm start",  I mean by using the basis previously found on first
solving without solving problem again or factorisation again ( just in order to
save time, my problems are very long to solve and I will have to make many
iteration this way ).
I've found the routine lpx_warms_up which looks like but it's not exactly what
I need.

I've not found in the documentation the routines I need, is it possible to do
that with glpk ?
If it is, can you please highlight me with the routines I should use ?

Thanks and again thank you for your job with glpk !