Re: [Help-glpk] What can cause the error "Error detected in file glpios0

From: Serveh Shalmashi
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] What can cause the error "Error detected in file glpios02.c"
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:21:38 +0200

The version of GLPK that Octave is calling is 4.40.
by the way, how can I find out when this assert is reached in octave?

Thanks,
Serveh
On 7/22/2010 7:44 AM, glpk xypron wrote:
Hello Serveh,

Assertion failed: a != a
Error detected in file glpios02.c at line 134
panic: Aborted -- stopping myself...
line 134 simply always creates an error because the programmer
thought that this line should never be reached.

Please, have a look into the source code to find out
when this assert is reached.

GLPK 4.44 is the current version of GLPK.
There is no assert in line 134 of glpk-4.44/src/glpios02.c.
Please specify the version of GLPK you are using.

Best regards

Xypron
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 22:14:33 +0200
Betreff: [Help-glpk] What can cause the error "Error detected in file
glpios02.c"
Hi all,

I am using GLPK under octave interface for a mixed integer programming
problem, however when running the solver I am facing the following error:

Assertion failed: a != a
Error detected in file glpios02.c at line 134
panic: Aborted -- stopping myself...

Then also the octave is aborted. I am wondering if anyone what may cause
this error.

Thanks,
Serveh