Re: [Help-glpk] size of the problem

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] size of the problem
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 06:15:36 +1300 (NZDT)

> To:          Serveh Shalmashi <address@hidden>
> Subject:     Re: [Help-glpk] size of the problem
> From:        Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>
> Date:        Wed, 20 Oct 2010 18:43:31 +0400
>
>> I am using GLPK to solve mixed linear integer
>> programing problem for a large problem, I am wodering
>> what is the maximum size that the solver can handle?
>
> There is no artificial limit. However, if your problem is hard (for
> example, many combinatorial problems are hard), even a small-sized
> instance may require too much time to be solved to optimality. Please
> see mip benchmarks included in glpk distribution (subdirectory doc).

Hi Serveh

The capabilities of GLPK are also discussed on the GLPK
wikibook page:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Reviews_and_benchmarks

There is also a stub near the bottom of that page where
users can record their experiences (but none have so far).

best wishes
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
[from Webmail client]